The Commons is Memorial University’s student learning hub, located on the main floor of the Queen Elizabeth II Library. We are your one-stop shop for research, writing, and computing support.
Our main lab contains 87 computers, 9 collaborative stations, and 8 “express stations” (intended for 15 minutes or less of use). Our digital Classroom contains 44 computers, and is used for librarian-led instruction; it is available for general use when the Classroom is not booked. All of our computers are accessible during the library’s hours of operation.
Our newest workspace, the Teachers’ Legacy Rotunda, includes 16 computers, comfortable seating, and 4 collaborative workstations.
In the Digital Media Centre, we provide colour printing and scanning services, large format poster printing, free access to the Adobe Creative Suite, and audio/visual recording equipment and software.
Some of our services include:
- wireless and LabNet account creation and troubleshooting
- black and white printing, colour printing, and scanning
- one-on-one software tutorials in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Brightspace (D2L) support
- Assistive Technology resources, software, and tutoring services
- One-on-one writing tutorials with Writing Centre tutors
- Academic tutoring in The Tutorium